We are looking for a Data Scientist up for solving the business problems of the largest Nordic companies.
BIGDATAPUMP grows in Scandinavia and needs key players to build our presence through strong cloud and analytics expertise.
Great Data Scientists are a scarcity. Once we find a good one, we'll make sure you'll enjoy working with us. We'd hope to meet someone who can take raw data and turn it into an analysis which brings value for an organization in the form of insights and data science. Your unique blend of skills should include a solid quant grounding paired with a good business acumen. You also want to see your solutions used for solving real world problems and creating business value to our customers.
This position can be based either in Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen or Oslo to cover the entire Nordics. Please indicate your preferred location in our application.
Analytical and Technical
- Turning business problems into data problems
- Getting data from a variety of sources and preparing it for analysis
- Designing execution and choose the right method for the problem (Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning etc.)
- Developing “quick and dirty” as well as productionized data science solutions
Presentation and Communication
- Communicating our approach and capabilities to clients in pre-sales setup
- Presenting the findings in a clear and concise manner for expert and non-expert audiences alike
- Ability to visualize the data and predictions in an understandable format
- Managing personal development in selected areas of specialization
- Generating publishable thought leadership material, such as blog, research papers or white papers
Desired Skills and Experience
- MSc / PhD in a quantitative field
- Capability and interest to constantly learn new things
- 3+ years’ experience in programming (R, Python)
- Experience with SQL and tools to gather and prepare data
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (MS Azure, AWS)
- Strong mathematical/statistical skills
- Understanding of common big data technologies (HDFS, Tez, Spark)
- Experience in developing machine learning solutions in a commercial context
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers
- Superior problem solving skills
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Organized working style
- Team player, wants to do serious things without being serious all the time
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies
We offer you
- An exciting work in a stimulating business / technical environment as well as dedicated and competent colleagues
- An office in the city center
- A positive and dynamic atmosphere
If you feel that the above describes you, please send us your resumé and cover letter with a subject line "Data Scientist" to firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2012, BIGDATAPUMP has provided data science and analytics advisory services, cloud implementation and analytics management across Europe, North America, Asia and Middle East. In 2017, we will emphasize expanding our operations in Sweden, Denmark and Norway, and are aiming at becoming the go-to cloud analytics leader in Nordic region. Our clients range from data-natives to organizations on the cusp of digitalization across retail, media, manufacturing and financial services.